Circular Agri Food Summit | 7 november 2019
Get inspired and make impact
This summit is about tomorrow's game changers, rethinking the system and tackling challenges through circular innovation.
All content and speakers have been researched and vetted by the team of Misset International and Wageningen University and research, ensuring an independent and unbiased agenda without commercial pressure.
09.15 - 10.00 Registration
10.00 - 10.15 Welcome by Cas van Arendonk, Host
VALUE & IMPACT FOR SOCIETY
10.15 - 10.45 Keynote: The Value of everything
- The economic system needs to be changed
- Seven ways to think like a
- Together we can solve our problems
10.45 - 11.15 Keynote: The true costs of food by Volkert Engelsman, CEO and founder of Eosta
- True Cost Accounting is a new form of bookkeeping that makes the true price of food production visible
- Help financial institutions to start making better choices
- Calculate your profit fairly
11.15 - 11.45 Coffee break
FUNDAMENTAL CHANGE: MEET TOMORROW'S GAME CHANGERS
11.45 - 12.00 Circularity in the spotlight by Martin Scholten, General Director Animal Sciences at Wageningen University & Research
- Overview of the latest and most promising projects within Wageningen University & Research
12.30 - 13.30 Lunch
RETHINK THE SYSTEM
13.30 - 14.00 Repairing the future by Jason Drew, FLY-FARMER and insect technology pioneer at AgriProtein
AgriProtein uses black soldier flies and their larvae to convert organic food waste into a high-protein alternative to fishmeal suitable for fish, poultry, pigs and pet food. The company, which won acclaim as the BBC Food Chain Global Champion 2017, is building a global business through its circular economy strategy: up-cycling organic waste to tackle the food security and waste disposal challenges posed by the world’s burgeoning
- The world urgently needs new sustainable sources of protein
- Increased global food demand and environmental limits have caused prices of both protein sources to soar in recent years
- Disruptive sources of protein are needed to close the feed gap and, in the process, help repair the future of the planet
14.00 - 14.30 Put your plants in control by Molly Biedenfeld, VP Nutrients Market Development at Ostara
Ostara’s proprietary Pearl technology recovers nutrients from industrial, agricultural, and municipal water treatment streams, transforming them into granular fertilizers that improve crop yields and reduce runoff. We are transforming the commodity market value chain and closing the loop on phosphorus for future generations.
- Help growers and cities protect precious water and food resources
- Increase yields and reduced nutrient loss
- How can we close the loop?
14.30 - 15.00 No charity but equality by Lennart Clerkx, CEO and founder of This Side Up Coffee
Most coffee farmers do not have the means and connections to reach out directly to roasters, and are left to the devices of the open market and the whims of traders. Instead of keeping farmers in the dark while simply buying and selling their coffee, This Side Up aids farmers to become fully independent agro-entrepreneurs. This includes becoming their own coffee’s quality experts, ecologists, exporters, storytellers and introducing them to the European specialty coffee world.
- Taking an active approach towards closing value and waste streams
- Enhance the social, economic and environmental impact of our premiums
- It is not easy, but who are we not to try!
15.00 - 15.30 Matchmaking break
15.30 - 16.00 Together we can change the way the world does business by Jan Kees Vis, Global Director Sustainable Sourcing Development Unilever
- Use your global business as a positive force for change
- Integrate sustainability into the way you do business
- Changing the world for the better, together
16.00 - 16.30 Train your brain by Erik Schoppen, Chance-thinking innovator and idea accelerator
In his lecture, neuroscience and behavioral researcher Erik Schoppen shows how trust works in our brain. What are the functions of trust? Trust is essential in making connections, empathy
- Trust is essential in making connections, empathy and leadership
- You can make a difference through your own efforts, by changing your brain and improving your skills
- You learn to captain your own ship and even guide others you’re responsible for
16.30 - 18.00 Drinks and bites
Who do you need to convince?
Click on the button below and download our printable and sharable brochure with all the information you need about the Circular Agri Food Summit at 7 November 2019 at the Wageningen University & Research Campus in the Netherlands